Sunday, July 22, 2012

I have a bachelors and a masters degree and I need a job


I have a bachelors and a masters degree and I need a job?
I have a bachelors degree in public admin, and a masters in organization management, can anyone suggest any employment opportunities in Los Angeles County.
Los Angeles - 8 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
i know that if go to monster.com they'll help find a job thats your "level" of experience. what job are you doing right now? maybe your coworkers have connections. good luck


2
you're overqualified !!


3
Well, no offense, but if you're a "minority," you should have no problem... Especially in Los Angeles The illegals taking over technical specialties too? --Rob


4
los angeles is not a country honey


5
wow... i have a BS in Organizational Mgt - and guess what i'm doing right now? substitute f'ing teaching. seriously - no man in his mid 30's should ever walk where i've walked. it's tough baby- working in l.a. is a nightmare. and jobs expect more and more...


6
I don't know what part of LA County you are in but if you go to a WorkSource location, which is part of the EDD, they can give you information on different websites and they help you with resumes and how to do interviews. I have this one phone number, 213-629-5800. If that is not close to you, I'm sure they can give you an office near you. They have helped me and I hope this will help you.


7
Unfortunately, having a bachelors and masters tend to be of no help for getting a job in your field in Los Angeles and elsewhere. I don't know a single college graduate who is actually working in the field they studied for. For awhile, just about anybody could get a job in Silicon Valley in a computer company, but they had a huge crash and burn more than a year ago that wiped out 2/3s of the jobs. I'd suggest getting into a temp agency and hoping that some company you are temping for will remember you when they find it necessary to get a new person. They'll have to pay a headhunter's fee to the temp agency, so you will really need to stick into their mind as a good worker. Oh, and to titna_07 - the questioner said 'county', not country, nor do any of the answers use 'country'.


8
My advice is to focus less on your credentials and more on what you can do and what you enjoy doing. For most jobs degrees are usually just technicalities - its what you have actually done and what you can actually do that really count. I would also suggest concentrating on what you *really* (deep in your heart!) enjoy doing. If you enjoy doing something you'll be very, very good at it. You'll also be happy and that's gotta be worth something! Good luck! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment