Saturday, January 1, 2011

Masters degree (Management information systems) with database concentration


Masters degree (Management information systems) with database concentration?
Hi, I have a bachelors degree in business degree but want to get Ms degree in MIS with database concentration. I am an international student and am looking for school in New York or New Jersey area. The cost should not be higher then $6000 per semester for 12 credits at the college that will be of interest. Other important factor to consider is accreditation of the college.Also, are international students allowed to enroll in online classes ? I know one college in NY,TOURO COLLEGE, that has pretty good MIS degree, but I dont think this college degree would even get me an interview after graduation. I know some colleges entirely offer degrees through online classes.Hope to hear from you guys. PS.I know most colleges have outdated,old curriculum for computer science or Mis degrees. Thanks
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Well, what you pay is what you get (+ or -).. So don't expect a lot when you've limited budget and quite sctrict spec. MIS of for that matter any graduate course, doesnt focus on one subject matter but a 'general' study. if you want database concentration the best would be to go for industry certification (e.g. Oracle DBA etc)


2
If I understand you correctly, you need to maintain your F-1 status as well as getting a Masters. You won't get F-1 status for on line study obviously so I wonder if I have this wrong. Cheap schools in the NY/NJ area that have reasonable Masters programmes in this area are NYIT, Rutgers and CUNY. City College has just launched a new MIS course (registration open till the end of May) with a good database component but unfortunately the classes are in the evenings so it is not F-1 eligible. You might want to see if there is a work around as it is in your price range.

0 comments:

Post a Comment