Friday, June 8, 2012

Is it better to pursue a Masters or Science or MBA


Is it better to pursue a Masters or Science or MBA?
I'm about to graduate with a Bachelors in Finance and am looking into the options of a further degree. I was interested in the Masters degree in management information systems because i am really interested in that stuff and would complement my finance degree well. I am also considering an MBA, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into which is better... I heard that if I pursue an MBA, some of the material will be the same as with my undergrad degree. Also, does a Masters or MBA have more job opportunities and which one can you get a larger salary with? Masters "of" Science
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Business Degree,can be used with so many other Degrees.


2
My impression is that with a degree in either of those areas you could get a good job. Looking to the future, I think it would be difficult to say which degree would make you the most money. One thought, either of these degrees might allow you to take courses that touch upon the other one's area. For instance, I'm sure that there are business aspects information systems, and there are information systems aspects to management, finance and quantitative analysis. So with whichever you decide to go with, you could try to emphacize the aspect that most interests you. Once you are out in the job market, there is less emphasis on what degree you have than on what skills you have that produce results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment