Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Can I get my masters degree in something different from my Bachelor's


Can I get my masters degree in something different from my Bachelor's?
I just graduated with my Management Information systems degree but I changed my mind at the last minute. I really want to do something in graphic design. But I didn't follow my desire and went with the dreams of someone else. Now that I got older and grabbed a hold of myself. How can get my masters in Graphic design or something related to Visual Arts. I just mess around with art but never thought of it as a career till now. Is it possible. HElp me thanks! :D
Performing Arts - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Yes, in fact many people go on to do just that. You might be at a bit of a disadvantage in that you may lack the core courses, but you can take the ones you need. For example, when I was a biology undergrad, I worked in a lab with some other undergrads and some grad students. One lady had her BS in something like History or English or something like that. But she was in a Masters program for biology. She had to take the courses she didn't have. I think she did most of them at a local community college (they're usually called pre-requisites). But yes, it IS possible, not easy, not cheap, but if it's what YOU want, you will find a way to do it. Email some grapic design program directors at some universities and ask them what pre-reqs are needed to get into their programs. Then you'll have a starting point. Make sure you mention that your undergrad work was not in graphic design, but in MIS instead.


2
You can but you might have to take some prerequisite undergrad courses before you start the Master's course.


3
yes, it's never to late to change your mind

0 comments:

Post a Comment